Category: Business Incentives
Internships are a great way to help fill your temporary workforce needs and establish a pipeline for permanent employees. Internships also enhance a student’s education by providing work experience in their chosen career pathway.
To promote internships, the Dakota Seeds Program can provide 50% of the intern’s wages with a maximum of $2000 per intern.
- Designed to encourage meaningful work experiences for South Dakota students, and to help employers establish a pipeline for future, skilled employees
- The internship must provide a meaningful work experience for the student that will help them further their career pathway
- Positions must have a link to science, technology (computer science), engineering, mathematics, accounting, or manufacturing
- The internships cannot be filled by family members of the business ownership group
- Students must be paid a minimum of $9 per hour