Yankton's Mead Building

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Main News Photo

The current home of Yankton's Cultural Education Center opened in 1909 as the women's receiving hospital at what was known at the time as the Dakota Hospital for the Insane.

The building now bears the name of the hospital superintendent who had it built. Dr. Leonard C. Mead.

Read the rest of the article and watch a video here!

Category: Yankton, Nonprofits