Internships are a great way to help fill your temporary workforce needs and establish a pipeline for permanent employees. Internships also enhance a student’s education by providing work experience in their chosen career pathway.
To promote internships, the Dakota Seeds Program can provide 50% of the intern’s wages with a maximum of $2000 per intern.
- Designed to encourage meaningful work experiences for South Dakota students, and to help employers establish a pipeline for future, skilled employees
- The internship must provide a meaningful work experience for the student that will help them further their career pathway
- Positions must have a link to science, technology (computer science), engineering, mathematics, accounting, or manufacturing
- The internships cannot be filled by family members of the business ownership group
- Students must be paid a minimum of $9 per hour
Category: Business Incentives
More Business Incentives
As a Catholic, Benedictine college founded by the Sisters of St. Benedict in 1936, Mount Marty College’s academic programs are grounded in faith and service as much as they are in the liberal arts. Primary emphasis is placed on the development of each person as a complete human being with special attention paid to intellectual, professional, and personal skills as well as moral, spiritual, and social values.Learn More
RTEC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit technical education center that provides rapid response training and education for regional organizations in collaboration with strategic partners. The goal of RTEC is to provide high-quality, affordable technical education and training opportunities which will enhance the abilities of individuals to obtain and retain employment. RTEC promotes the notion of home growing our own workforce and remains dedicated to offering learning opportunities for youth.Learn More
The mission of the South Dakota Department of Labor is to Promote economic opportunity and financial security for individuals and businesses through quality, responsive and expert services; fair and equitable employment solutions; and safe and sound business practices.
The South Dakota Department of Labor, "your workforce experts", can help individuals with many job services!Learn More